Sunday 20 January 2013

Fangasmic Fury!

I have a bad habit of not watching great television shows the first time they air. However I find this works to my advantage, as if I'd had to wait however many months there were between the end of Season 3 and the start of Season 4 of "Breaking Bad" I think I would have done some pretty nasty things. I was able to partake in the ancient tradition of tanking it all online in a matter of weeks (Cheers, Netflix!). This meant I could immediately carry on from all the dramatic cliff-hangers, avoiding the pain that everyone else must have experienced during the numerous "Breaking Bad" dry seasons. And oh my they enjoy their dramatic cliff hangers, so they do!

I find myself doing this with many television shows. Most recently I've gotten into "Supernatural", after being constantly met with shock and disgust at my having not seen it. Admittedly I've only watched the pilot so far, but it certainly seems like something special! Now I just need to find some spare time to sit down and get through all EIGHT BLOODY SEASONS!

The between-season wait that is currently destroying me is that of "Sherlock". With each series being only 3 episodes long, we only get three weeks at a time of this glorious show! And seeing as the 3rd episode of the last series aired on the 15 of January LAST YEAR we've already had to wait a long damn time for more brilliance. Coupled with the disgraceful news that filming of Series 3 will not even begin until March, it makes me one sad Panda!

I suppose life is full of traumatic moments like this, and I've always been a rather impatient little scoundrel. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, the stars of "Sherlock", have been busying themselves with matters of Hobbits and Dragons, so it's not as if they've left us with nothing to marvel at in the wait for Sherlock! And with two more glorious chapters to The Hobbit trilogy to go, I think I can let them off with this one! Now... if only I could catch up with Heroes...

No comments:

Post a Comment