Saturday 19 January 2013

Lllllllloooooorrrrrrrrrdddddddd Oooooooofffffffff Tttttttthhhhhhheeeeeeee Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggsssssss

Something that no-one should ever have time for is the fully extended Lord of the Rings. All three films, one sitting.
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them. They are just more of a good thing, I would've been perfectly happy if the series was released as six films. What I'm saying is that if you've got enough time to sit down and watch all of them all together, you need to evaluate what you're doing with your life.

If you have enough time, I'm not judging you by any means. I'm working my way through them now, debating a run through of third age to follow up.....


Now, here's my list of how to do it properly.

1. Build a fellowship!

Everything is better with good friends. Everything. If you disagree, you need better friends.

2. The two days!

I don't particularly recommend pulling an all nighter if you need or even want to do anything the next day. I've had my fair share of working with a hangover and no sleep and I've had enough of that over my teens, no more. This is why days off exist.

3. The Return of the Pun!

Have a laugh!! While I hold these films in the highest regard, it's a better experience if you're enjoying yourself. Especially for that length of time! There are plenty opportunities to make some jokes, which brings me to...

4. Bring a hobbit!

This works best if you have a short friend who has a sense of humor. I have my good friend, partner in comedy and general punching bag Eddy for this task. Any time a joke is made about hobbits or dwarves having a lack of height, someone makes one about him.
I'm not sure why he lives with me....


Now sush internet! I'm watching a glorious trilogy that wasn't contradicted by it's prequels (so far)...


But that's for next time

2 comments: